Updating the Android operating system on the Samsung Galaxy can be performed using the Odin Flash Tool. After you download the official firmware according to the type of phone and extract it. You will find firmware package that contain a single .md5 file or 5 files such as BL_XXX (Bootloader), AP_XXX (System & Recovery), CP_XXX (Modem / Radio), CSC_XXX (Country / Region / Operator), and HOME_CSC_XXX (Country / Region / Operator) file. I recommend only flashing the AP file if you want to update the operating system without losing user data.
How to Flash Four Files
Firmware bundle that contains five files, we can use four of them.
- Run as administrator Odin Flash Tool.
- Download and extract Firmware package.
- On the Odin please input the file in the following order.
- BL → BL_XXX_XXXX.tar.md5.
- AP / PDA → AP_XXX_XXXX.tar.md5.
- CP → CP_XXX_XXXX.tar.md5.
- CSC → CSC_XXX_XXXX.tar.md5 / HOME_CSC_XXX_XXXX.tar.md5.
- Turn off the smartphone, then press the Power + Home + Volume Down button and then press the Volume Up button. You will see a Samsung Download Mode screen
- Connect the Samsung device to the computer. When the phone is not recognized. You can try to install Samsung USB Driver for Windows, replace the USB cable, move the computer porthole, or check your phone connector.
- Press the Start button.
- The phone will reboot when the update is successful.